Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Easy Peasy and a Challenge

Charlotte's Web is being read in the family room . . . I so enjoy that story! Cameron has finished his schoolwork for the day and he is reading Charlotte's Web aloud. Cody is studying Charlotte's Web and will doing his comprehension next. Charlotte's Web chapters can be long, so it helps if he reads half and I, or someone else reads the other half. He is doing very well in school this year and I am thrilled!

Cameron just finished up his schoolwork for the day. I am proud of him as he got right to it and worked hard to get everything done. Way to go Cameron!

Evan James is giving me a run for my money today. Little does he realize, this mama is BULL headed and he WILL do his schoolwork and get it done properly. Writing assignments will not be accepted if they are copied directly from the original reading. (I know, I am a toughy!) He really should have remembered the trouble he got into last week when he tried the same thing. Needless to say, after four more chances at writing, he finally got it finished. School is for learning and learning includes a Bajillion things to learn . . . not just reading, writing and math, but not cheating, listening to directions and honesty.

Ryan has been switched over to Switched On Schoolhouse. We were trying to work through the Veritas Press and the Omnibus would begin in a few weeks, however after going through the book myself, I felt it was a little beyond seventh grade. I also researched some reviews on the curriculum for Omnibus and found most parents hold off on the Omnibus until high school. Today, he is learning the software program and working through each lesson. So far, so good and he has gotten all A's for the day. He does like the Switched On Schoolhouse better . . . Whew!

I like the Switched on Schoolhouse because I can quickly see the work he has done for the day and how well he is doing on it. I can reissue an assignment if need be and choose between open book assignments and open page assignments.

There are days that seem harder than others, but that is part of schooling any child. I am thankful for the opportunity to homeschooling my boys and they tell me they like it too. If you are thinking about homeschool, give it a try . . . you just might like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment