Wednesday, December 12, 2012

a little catch up

Our days are ticking down toward Christmas Vacation.
I think the kids have their minds already set to begin.
I remind them . . .
there is still work to be done BEFORE vacation.
Of course like all kids, they grumble a little bit. 
It doesn't help much that Big Sis is out for college Christmas break until January 20 something.

Today was a bit of a challenge . . .
many tests were taken ~ it is always a good time to see how my lil' students are doing.  I am thankful for the many good grades and even the not so good grades . . . I enjoy seeing my kids "get it", especially if they have struggled in a subject.

I am also thankful for the flexibility of Home School.
We can literally adjust each day to the learning of each child.
There are so many days that everything "clicks" for each of them.
Then there are those "new concepts" that aren't so easy. When those times come up, it is so nice to be able to stop and review, discuss, explain and talk it over until they "get it".

I am also THANKFUL for my Teachers!
My kiddos are getting a very thorough education.

Yes, it is hard work and there are days we are all ready for naps.
I have noticed changes in my children most of them good.
It is wonderful to see them work together . . . 
and not so wonderful when they are a bit fed up with 
one another and need a bit of alone time.

We are progressing nicely through this school year and 
we all look forward to our Christmas Vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment